Some might have wondered when the other sizes of the PURE2 were being released.
During the test and development phases for these other sizes, we were able to find many new innovations and improvements. These improvements have enabled us to make the PURE2 an even better wing. It was a difficult decision, but we have elected instead of certifying the remaining sizes that we would recertify the PURE2 M and evolve it to the next level. Enter the PURE3.
The improvements in detail:
• Agility. Even more agile handling and reduced brake pressure, allowing the wing to now turn with a more constant and balanced turning arc. Centring within the thermal core is now far more efficient, enhancing and improving climbing potential.
• Efficiency. Improved gliding in moving air. This is noticeable especially in headwind and unsteady air environments. The canopy is more neutral, resulting in better glide, now climbs more effectively with reduced sink rate.
• Performance. In fully accelerated mode we have been able to obtain an advantage of +0.5 glide-angle.
• Greater stability. Due to the improved neutral flying characteristics, flying has become less stressful in challenging conditions.
• Speed. More top speed. The PURE3 is around 2-3kmh faster fully accelerated.
• Enhanced Safety. A newly designed riser set improves the safety potential. Accelerated collapses are remarkably easier to control.
Our primary goal was to realize a glider with best performance within an aspect ratio of 7. Therefore, the PURE 3 is a complete 2-line conceptual construction. Just the C-lines are collected by an additional main line (incorporating a 2-line construction with 3 line-levels). With this design development, the advantages are increased acceleration ability and reduced collapse behaviour, resulting in more overall balanced flying characteristics.
The PURE 3 features a more pronounced shark-nose, double 3D-cut top-sail with flat seams and a single 3D-cut bottom-sail.
When is a 2-liner a 2-liner, a 2.5 or 3-liner?
If you are only looking at the number of line levels, the categorisation of a 3-liner would be correct, but in case of the PURE 3 is something completely different and stands out on it’s own.
The PURE 3 is a complete 2-line construction. Rearward positioned line-tabs, 2-line aerofoil, extended distance between attachment points, inner-structures...
As a result, it wouldn’t be appropriate to place the PURE 3 in the same box as conventional 3-liners. That's why we call it as a 2-line construction with 3 individual line levels. By incorporating two systems in one, you obtain the best of both worlds.
The fact that there is a C-Line attachment point in the middle of the wing does not change this fact. Furthermore, this level of lines adds more possibilities for tuning the wing best for accelerated flight, and gives a better control for the respective EN test manoeuvres.
The B-Line steering works effortlessly because it is real B-line control, and the handle is neatly integrated into the design of the B-riser.
The PURE 3 concept implements the transfer of technology and performance from a competition class style construction into the EN-D class with an innovative line layout and all state-of-the-art design features.
|AREA FLAT (m²)||22,57||24,10||26,21|
|AREA PROJECTED (m²)||19,12||20,42||22,21|
|SPAN FLAT (m)||12,55||12,97||13,52|
|SPAN PROJECTED (m)||9,93||10,26||10,70|
|ASPECT RATIO FLAT||6,98||6,98||6,98|
|ASPECT RATIO PROJ.||5,16||5,16||5,16|
|TOTAL LINE LENGTH||250||258||269|
|LINE DIAMETERS (mm)||0.5/0.7/0.8/1/1.1/1.3/1.5/1.7|
|TAKE OFF WEIGHT (kg)||80-95||90-105||100-120|
Top Sail: DOMINICO - DOKDO-30DMF(WR) 40 Gramm
Bottom Sail: DOMINICO - N20DMF(WR) 35 Gramm
Ribs: Dominico 30D hard
Risers: 13mm Aramid with Polyester covered - LIROS
Top lines: EDELRID 8000/U-050,070 and 090
Middle lines: EDELRID 8000/U-130 and 190
Main lines: EDELRID 8000/U-190,230,280,360
Maillons: 4,3mm JOO-TECH/Korea
AirDesign glider bag (Size L)
Folder including manual (USB-stick), repair kit and AirDesign stickers