Southern Skies, LLC is located in the Brushy Mountains. One of the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountain range in North Carolina. Where the summers are warm, the air is clean, and most of your time is spent figuring out how to spend your time.
We suggest your time be used to learn to fly !!)
Southern Skies, LLC
184 Southern Skies Dr.
Taylorsville, NC 28681
Phone (828) 632-6000
DirectionsSouthern Skies is located 70 miles North of Charlotte,
55 miles West of Winston-Salem
in the Brushy Mountains of North Carolina,
between Wilkesboro and Taylorsville off Hwy 16.
GPS Cords.Latitude: 35degrees57'11.61" North
Longitude: 81degrees10'7.68" West
-=or in decimal=-
Latitude: 35.953225degrees North
Longitude: 81.168799degrees West
Driving times from:
|Asheville: 1 hr 55 minutes||Wilkesboro : 15 minutes|
|Atlanta, GA : 4 hrs 15 minutes||Taylorsville: 6 minutes|
|Charlotte: 1 hr 10 minutes||Jacksonville, FL: 7 hrs 30 minutes|
|Winston : 1 hr 15 minutes||Washington, DC: 7 hrs|
|Hickory : 25 minutes|
Driving directions to Flight Park
1. From I 40 Westbound take exit 148 (Taylorsville exit) and go West on Hwy 64, take the Hwy 16 exit for Taylorsville. Follow Hwy 16 North from Taylorsville for 4 miles. Turn right on Jolly Cemetery Rd. just before the Sugarloaf Fire Dept./School. Go down Jolly Cemetery 1.4 miles and turn on a black top driveway to your right. "Marked with SouthernSkies Farm Sign".Call us at 828 632 6000 to get the pass code for the gate.
2. From I 40 Eastbound take the Hwy 16 exit in Conover and go North on Hwy 16 through Taylorsville, and continue as #1. 3. From I 77 Southbound take Hwy 421 North towards Wilkesboro, Boone. Exit at Taylorsville Hwy 16 South. Go South on 16 for 13 miles and turn left on Jolly Cemetery Rd. just past the Sugarloaf Fire Dept./School. Go down Jolly Cemetery 1.4 miles and turn on a black top driveway to your right. "Marked with SouthernSkies Farm Sign". Call us at 828 632 6000 to get the pass code for the gate. 4. From I 77 northbound get on I 40 West to exit 148, then follow directions on #1.
- Hampton Inn, Wilkesboro, newest hotel around, some rooms have Jacuzzi bath, located on Hwy 268 off 421 directly across from the "Sagebrush" Restaurant $ 100 per night.You can make a reservation yourself here: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/index.jhtml
- Holiday Inn Express, Hwy 421, Wilkesboro, NC (12 minutes from Moore Mountain, 25 minutes from Taylorsville) (336) 838-1800 $65 - $95 per night
- Red Carpet Inn, 1206 River St off Hwy 268, Wilkesboro, NC (same distance as above) look for Japanese Restaurant"Kabuki" (inside of Hotel) (336) 667-2176 $55.00 - $65.00 decent, reasonably priced hotel.
- There is a trucker dive hotel in north Wilkesboro go towards Wal Mart on 421 right before the mexican place turn right and go in to the city past long johns silvers and past a orange car wash the dive will be on the left.
- Addison Inn on Hwy 421 north in Wilkesboro, reasonable Hotel, around $55.00 near Wal Mart and other stores/shops.
- Taylorsville Motel (only Hotel in Taylorsville) Hwy 90 East, Taylorsville, NC (15 minutes from Southern Skies ) (828) 632-4266 it’s a dive but it’s cheap and they always have vacancies $25.00 one bed, $35.00 two beds per night , $125.00 weekly (one bed) make sure to mention our name to get the discount, if you don't they usually try to get more No Reservations required. Phones don't always work.
- Hidden Crystal Inn Bed and Breakfast, Hiddenite, NC , 15 minutes east of Taylorsville on Hwy 90 (828) 632-0063 $69-$125 per night - very charming, great B&B but always booked, reserve in advance.
- Moravian Falls Campground Just west of jct. Hwy 16 and Hwy 18 take Hwy 18 to the right there will be a sign where to turn in less than about 3 miles (336)667-6150 around $15-20 per night. Mention us for a discount! Closest campground. (your best camping choice in our opinion the camp showers/bathrooms are not the best however)
- Bandits Roost Park (Campground) From jct. US 421 & Hwy 268 - 5 miles Wilkesboro, NC W on 268, then 1/2 mile on RPR 1141 (336) 921-3190 located on the reservoir.
- There are several more Corps of Engineer Campgrounds on HWY 268 West of Wilkesboro.
You can also try our Rental Cabin on Moore Mountain
2 minutes from Moore Launch, our homesite. 10 minutes from Taylorsville, Wilkesboro, the Motor Field, and the Training Hill. Very cozy, 1 queen bed, 1 bath, satellite TV. 2 minutes to launch. $45.00 per night one person, cash or check only. Extra person $10.00 max 2 people. Weekly rates. Much cleaner than the Taylorsville Hotel and quiet, in the woods. 2 night minimum. NON SMOKERS ONLY in the cabin.